Please note: Our Yukon packages will not be available until we get a more definitive date from CBSA (Canadian Customs).
Travelers to Alaska are required to get a COVID-19 Antibody PCR test within 72 hours of departure from your location. You will be required to show these results to health professionals upon deplaning in Alaska. You will then be asked to take another test within 5-7 days after arrival.
If you have NOT been tested, you can be tested at the airport (up to $250USD/per person) and be required to quarantine until results come back. This takes 48 - 96 hours.
Because of this, all participants of AYT packages have NOTHING scheduled on the first day. We will provide guides and information on sites and attractions that are reachable from your hotel, or if you are quarantined, a list of recommended restaurants and menus for delivered food. We offer an additional day (at your cost) in your hotel should you believe you are NOT going to be able to get tested prior to arrival.
All guests will receive a welcome kit at their hotel containing the following (per person):
- 2 medical masks
- 1.7 oz hand sanitizer
- 1 hand hanky (cloth guard for touching doors and other public spaces)
- COVID-19 health information related to the State of Alaska and/or the Yukon
Alaska & Yukon Tours cancellation & change policy regarding COVID is limited due to fare rules by the airlines and/or vendors. All guests are required to sign the Covid Waiver and return it to AYT within 7 days of paying your deposit.
- Guests who are flying on standard (published) air fares are restricted to the fare rules of the operating airline. Most airlines are NOT offering refunds, but providing a credit of the full value of the ticket purchased. Some airlines are also waiving change fees. The portion of your package that includes published airfare is "locked in" to these rules.
- Name changes & date changes are restricted by the airlines. We will advise you of the policy at time of booking.
- AYT is able to refund any monies paid, less amounts paid to cover airfare and/or other nonrefundable components, less a $50 administrative fee, for cancellations related to COVID-19 Travel Mandate changes or hunker down orders. This does NOT include voluntary cancellations. We will make exceptions for travelers who test 'positive' prior to arrival to Alaska for COVID-19. AYT will lobby on your behalf with vendors who enforce a non-refundable policy and attempt to recoup your funds.
- AYT Is not liable if you test positive or fail to test upon arrival to Alaska and/or the Yukon.
COVID UPDATE: ALASKA
Current as of September 15, 2020
Travelers will need to be tested, not more than 72 hours prior to your flight to Alaska, and present those results to the Dept of Health & Social Services (or its designates) upon arrival in Alaska - you can upload those to the State of Alaska Travel Portal as well. If you have NOT been tested, you will be tested at the airport AT YOUR EXPENSE. You will be required to quarantine in the hotel until your results have come back (2-5 days). If you can not preplan this in advance, we can cancel the 1st full day of excursions and offer food delivery by some of our amazing restaurants, while you remain in quarantine.
External link: State of Alaska COVID-19 Traveler Policy
COVID UPDATE: The Yukon
As of September 15, 2020
The border between the US & Canada is still closed to non-essential travel. At this time, we are not able to offer any tours to The Yukon. We do not have a date from CBSA & US CBP when this mandate will be relaxed. We are hopeful to continue with our Winter 2020 program that will offer 3 and 5 day expeditions in The Yukon.
External link: Yukon COVID-19 Information & Updates